Friday, August 27, 2010

I am short, fat and not so proud of that....

I miss my best friend immensely. She couldn't be farther away it feels like.
Today I got a text from her saying that she's homesick. I don't blame her; I'm Heather sick. I've always known it's important to keep best friends in your life. I feel really fortunate to have the ones I've kept for so long. 15 years and 10 years (soon). The problem with being a best friend though, you don't always know how to solve a problem. You can only do so much for them until you've run out of ideas. Short of getting on a plane to D.C., I know Heather will just be lonely the moment I leave. She might even feel worse because she'll miss her home. Nobody told her it would be easy, but I don't think she knew it'd be this hard also.

Outside of that, things have been splendid. I like boys. I like my scooter. I think I actually like my scooter more than boys haha. The rally was remarkable and I had the best weekend of my life at it with great people that took me and made me feel like we had been friends for years. I've never felt so welcome in my life! It's amazing to have a 25-35 people come together with nothing in common except for their love of scooters and get along so well. I don't recall meeting or talking to one person that I didn't like. One boy named Skylar made me apart of the last thing in the rally which made me feel really great. Everyone else was onlookers and I got to take part of it. I hope these friendships last a while.

I need to get to D.C. ASAP! Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment